Saturday, October 1, 2011
Sweet Shirl Giveaway
Anyhow back to Shirl... She was the first to leave a comment on my post, the first to follow, and the first to link my blog to hers. And it's been through Shirl that I have made so many blogger friends. But most importantly is all the beautiful comments that she leaves for me and the encouragement she provides to bring out your best craftiness self. I am grateful that this special sweet soul visited my blog and brought her sunshine with her. So you can find this sweetie and all her giveaway information here. And while your there you most certainly have to check out her inspiring creations.
Ok, now I have a sweet for you... in the form of a recipe. I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. And I love two kinds depending on what kind of mood I'm in: crispy and chewy. Here is a crispy recipe that I got through a friend who got through another and so on, sorry I am so sorry I can't give credit where it's due. I did alter it a bit.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Toffee
2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup toffee chips
1. Preheat oven at 300 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a larger bowl add the sugars and melted butter. Beat until well blended.
4. Set mixer on stir and slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until well blended.
Add vanilla extract and blend again. Add chocolate chips and toffee chips.
5. Pinch into 1TB size lumps. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
I hope you enjoy! Have a fun weekend!!!