Monday, April 21, 2014

Hop on

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a great Easter Holiday.


 I'm here one more time sharing with you a couple of projects using the "Hoppy Easter" Kit from The Greeting Farm.  I created what is called a pop up matchbox card.








This is how it looks when it's opened up.  I first saw this in a tutorial given on youtube by Rachel Lewsley of My Stampin Haven.  I did a bit of altering because well... let's be frank here... I don't follow instructions very well.  Yes, that's me! hehehe!

Now how adorable are those cute characters from the Hoppy Easter Kit?! For the inside of the card I used the bunny, chick, and Easter eggs.  I jazzed it up a bit with a fence, grass, butterflies, and clouds in the background. There are three little tabs where I adhered all the pieces.



Here is what it looks like all the way open and as you can see there is room for a gift card.







And although it's Easter, I really could not resist a Starbucks hula girl gift card.  I thought this was brilliantly planned out!


And here is the top of the box when it's closed.






This adorable basket and "Happy Easter" sentiment is also in the Hoppy Easter Kit.

The bottom of this box is reserved for personal writing.  So there you have it!... A Pop Up Matchbox Card!




After seeing the "Hop on" sentiment on this kit, I knew exactly which photo I could use for a scrapbook layout.







And my daughter had no hesitation hoping on her bicycle in this photo.  Some of the design papers and the sentiment is from the Hoppy Easter Kit.  So you see just how diverse this kit really is.

Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me share with you this wonderful kit from The Greeting Farm.  You can also check out the rest of the DT sweethearts... ClaudetteCorinne, and Cynthia, and of course over at The Greeting Farm blog.


Aloha and Mahalo!

2 comments:

RiNNE said...

So awesome, Sui-Lan! You did a fantastic job on the challenge! Love that box! And your LO is stunning too!

Leanne said...

Aww these are really cute SuiLan! I love the little matchbox card, pretty ingenius, great alterations. and your lil mini me is adorable, she looks like she's ready for a big race. Great layout!!
TFS!